Friday, April 3, 2009

Crockpot Chili Cook-off!

Today, our department hosted the Chili Cook-Off! Thank you for all of you who helped me make the decision on which chili to enter! I ended up going with Lucy's chili, because I wanted to enter something that was a little different - lots of veggies, less meat. I had to enter the meat category, so I was up against some serious meaty chilies!

The adventure started with some beautiful peppers and diced veggies...



Then, I got signed in and found my spot at the tables... #20.

I got such a cool apron for entering chili!

And the chili cookers started filing in...

I scoped out the competition, and told my friend he needed to leave his 4 month-old out of the competition or things would be unfair :) No winning on account of cuteness of a little baby.

There were crockpots of all kinds...

filled with delicious looking chili


The tasting began...

and I served up Lucy's Chili!


But I made sure to save some for the judges. There were over 40 chilies to choose from - wow, that must have been tough.

Frog Prince and his buddy scoped out the chili and started to taste,

while the judges began their work...

and the sign of full tummies stuffed with good chili scattered the tables.

The judges made their final decisions -

And chili #14 got the top prize

We had an excellent time at the Chili Cook-Off!


From Chili Cookoff

2 comments:

  1. I feel so excited that you took my chili, but I'm sorry it didn't win you a big prize. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well...I guess they thought it was too healthy for a meat chili! I think the category worked against you...But I am still going to try it as well and I am sure it is really good. I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...