Monday, July 20, 2009

What's Cooking this week?

I think we're finally settling back to normal around here. While it was a blast to have both of our families visit over the past couple of weeks, it's nice to return to "abnormal" :)

While my in-laws were here, I made my new favorite brownies and they were a big hit! My mother-in-law has an allergy to both wheat and dairy, so those brownies were perfect for her.

My gluten-free cooking for the week also included Crockpot Swiss Steak (make with corn starch rather than flour) served over rice, Grilled Chicken with sweet potato fries (and a new recipe for regular fries -- coming soon!), and we finished out the weekend with Grilled Italian Sausages, peppers and rice. Delicious.

This week, you'll find we're making:

Creamy Mushrooms and Pasta

Cherry Crisp

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Penne with Broccoli and Red Pepper

Vegetable Beef Soup

Cheesy Biscuits

Veggie-Filled Quesadillas

Chicken and Squash Bake

Baked Apples

Sweet Potato Muffins

Lucy's Crustless Quiche

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Pizza


All unlinked recipes will be posted this week as we make them! Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the welcome to Meal Plan Mondays, Snow White! I really like your blog (and you and your husband's nom de plumes). My sister in law is lactose intolerant and has a wheat gluten allergy so I saw your DF and GF recipes with interest. I think making food for those with restrictive diets is a wonderful way to show your love, don't you? I will definitely be back to visit! God bless you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing cook! Where did you learn how to cook so good??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...