Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring Break Pineapple Pancakes




I wish I were headed off to some warm destination for spring break... but, at least the sun is out here!  To celebrate the re-appearance of the sun, I made a tasty spring break pineapple pancake!



A delicious, fruity breakfast ... yummy!



Pineapple Pancakes - SnoWhite

1 1/4 C wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 C honey
1 T applesauce
1 egg
3/4 C carrot puree
1 C milk (+ more if you like thinner pancakes)
16oz crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)

Topping
8-16 oz. crushed or pineapple tidbits
1/8 C pineapple juice
1 T butter
cinnamon, to taste


In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.



In another bowl, mix together the carrot puree, honey, applesauce, and egg.



Then, add in the pineapple - either tidbits or crushed. This should be drained -- reserve the liquid/juice!



Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, adding the milk until you reach the desired thickness.



Preheat your griddle to 350, and pour the batter onto the hot griddle using a ladle.



Cook until bubbles form around the edges - then flip.



Meanwhile, melt 1 T butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in pineapple.



Sprinkle with cinnamon and add in reserved pineapple juice.



Heat until warmed...



Then, serve the sauteed pineapple over the pineapple pancakes.



Enjoy the little taste of the tropics!



This post is linked to:

9 comments:

  1. That looks so good! My girls who are sitting with me have already put in their breakfast request for tomorrow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of putting carrots in my pancake batter. It is a very good way to sneak vegetables in breakfast without noticing it. Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. carrot pancakes with pineapple sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm these look delicious! I love pineapple! :) Do you and Frog Prince have any fun plans for your week off??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on a big pineapple kick lately, so thanks for sharing such a scrumptious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious--and I would never have thought about pineapple on pancakes!! I loved the photos as well! Hope you'll come by my blog to see mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried pineapple with my pancakes before, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cool!! I have been looking for new breakfast recipes. I want to give my kids more homemade things as opposed to cereal and such.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...