Monday, January 10, 2011

From the Archives: Berry Buckle



Thanks for stopping by today!  If this is your first visit - welcome!  
On Monday afternoons I dig back through my archived recipes 
and share one of them with you again.  
See the other archived recipes here.  

Our recipe from today was originally posted in January of 2009.  This cake was one of the first non-cake mix desserts I can recall making.  

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEju_RA7J9M5NHRO7K8YOscKSbbLISiUgKdX9fDtHjuDEfVBJ0RQ2NyW9vEyfVXVgJWBV3E-TRv0fpCGWGXU4gr2hFkzmHqqaJTDIett_1reEagP-xNofRj1TZ_6gd9nThyphenhyphengyiQ8QO2zSCKn/s400/DSC05130.JPG


What I love about this recipe is the amount of fruit in the dessert.  I know what you're thinking -- why is she posting a dessert at this time of year?  

What time of year?  
You mean, it's New Year's Resolution time?  

Oh.  
Sorry.  

Then, I guess you'll have to check out this recipe if you're looking for a healthy dessert.  One slice of this dessert is only 177 calories.  And, by substituting applesauce for half of the butter,  you have 3 grams of fat per serving too.   

Friends, it's time to blow the dust off of this recipe and allow it to enter your kitchens.  It's a great and light dessert, and I highly recommend it.  


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I've made blueberry buckle but never thought to add yummy peaches too! good idea! =)

    xoXOXo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...