Sunday, March 27, 2011

Menu Plan - March 27



Last week, Frog Prince was traveling again.  He's been gone almost every other week since January 1... it's been hard, but we trust that God knows what He's doing!!  While Frog Prince was away, my sister was nice enough to come and stay with me; although we didn't stick to the menu very well, we had fun.  We enjoyed:

Pepper and Potato Wraps
{recipe to come}



Broccoli, Black Beans and Brown Rice
{recipe to come}







Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Skillet
{recipe to come}





{Thanks, Mom!!}










On tap for this week -- a few more "wintery" recipes.  We got lots of snow last week, and we're still in those cold temps.  Although, I must say, March sunshine is amazing!!  So, we'll add a dash of spring with some yummy desserts.  

Sunday
D - Pork Roast, Cabbage Casserole {new}

Monday
B - Kris Kringle Pancakes, Apple Topping
D - Leftovers

Tuesday
B - Granola, Yogurt and Fresh Strawberries
D - Pasta Bake {new}, Olive Garden Bread Sticks {new}


Wednesday
B - Egg Sandwiches, OJ
D - Leftovers
Dessert - Ice Krispie Dessert {new}


Thursday
B - Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins {new}
D - Chicken and Dumplings {new}


Friday
B - Leftover muffins
D - Garlicy Goodness {new}, brown rice and veggies


Saturday
B - TBD
D - Cheesy Spinach Lasagna Soup {make in crockpot}, leftover bread

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....loving the looks of that mushroom chicken skillet dish! Can't wait to see the recipe!

    I've been meaning to try the mac and cheese in the rice cooker thing, and now this gives me even more motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pepper and potato wraps intrigue me :) I love the unique meals you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over the balsamic chicken and rice and the Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Skillet.... They look insane!

    How is the meal planning going for you? Do you follow it pretty strictly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today! I always enjoy seeing your menus and your Friday Favorites posts. Your dishes often end up on my menu. This week I have my eye on your Spinach, Chicken, and Mushroom skillet. Yum! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @claire

    We are fairly good at sticking to the menu barring schedule changes or illnesses. I'm much worse at holding to it when FP is gone, however :) My sister and I tend to bend to our cravings more often than not. All that said, I love having a menu plan. It's so nice to come home at 5:30 and know that I have everything I need to make dinner and that we'll eat healthy that night. Do you menu plan?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...