Sunday, August 28, 2011

Menu Plan–Aug. 28

Last week, our time was filled with work and getting ready for the start of the semester.  As I’ve said before, at times like this I am so thankful for menu plans!  It was so wonderful to come home from a busy day and know we had everything we needed for dinner, and that I could follow a recipe and voilà… we have dinner.

We kicked off the week with a BBQ with some very special friends.  The ladies that used to coach me in synchronized swimming, and then who I had the pleasure of coaching with, came over with their families!  It was a great night and we enjoyed Beer Brats and hot dogs, 40-minute Whole Wheat Brat Buns, Pickles, delicious salads,

and frost-your-own Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake Cupcakes for dessert!

We also enjoyed a cooking day with my mom and sister, so our freezer was full of food – especially breakfast foods.  This was a life saver this week, and I hope to continue to have buttermilk blueberry pancakes, waffles and breakfast pockets in the freezer for the early mornings the school year brings.

For the rest of the week, we ate:

Simple Chicken & Veggie Wraps

Wild Rice Casserole Hotdish

Ratatouille with Brown Rice

Spinach & Mushroom Manicotti, garlic bread

Grilled Zucchini Pizzas {new}

We didn’t get to the Lazy Sunday Casserole {new} yet… because we ended up changing our schedule to go to the State Fair! 

It was a stunning day, and we enjoyed our time there very much.  If you are heading there this week, stop by on Wednesday the 31st in the Eco Building to see the Minnesota Food Bloggers table! 

Our new snacks for the week, included kale chips {recipe to come}…

and, my new fav treat… Zucchini Chips {recipe to come}!

I start teaching tomorrow… a whole new crop of freshman and new classes!  Our eats for the first week include:

Sunday
Stanley Scramble {new}
Leftovers
Spaghetti Dinner at our neighbors – bringing savor cheesy zucchini bread {new}

Monday – First Day of School!
Buttermilk Waffles {from freezer}, Berry Sauce
Leftovers
Vegetable Risotto
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake 

Tuesday
Granola with blueberries
Sandwiches on Carrot Bread, zucchini chips
Crockpot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Bake {new; adapted from}, zucchini sauté

Wednesday
Breakfast Pockets {from freezer}, fruit
Leftovers
Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta

Thursday {Late Lab Day… leftovers!}
Granola with blueberries
Sandwiches on Carrot Bread, zucchini chips
Leftovers

Friday
Buttermilk Waffles {from freezer}, Berry Sauce
Leftovers
Ricotta Sausage Zucchini Pizza {new}
Zucchini Cookies

Saturday
Chicken Spinach Quiche, muffins
Grilling…

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

6 comments:

  1. Zucchini chips huh? Hmmm, I've made kale chips, beet chips, butternut squash chips (our favorite), but I never thought to try zucchini. I'll have to add that to the list. Thanks! Everything looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those "chips"! Can't wait to try them out. Another delicious week at your house. Good luck with the new students!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with your new "recipe index." Seeing the pictures with the recipe makes them all even more tempting! Love it!
    I've printed off a few of your bread recipes (for sandwiches) to try my hand at homemade bread. I tried a few years ago but was completely unhappy with my results (not using your recipes though). So I'm venturing into that world again. I don't want to buy store bought bread anymore and make all my own. I'm nervous but I'm giving it a try!
    Thanks for all the great recipes you keep making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta this week too! Great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the Fair on Saturday! It was great, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you started planning snacks. Funny, you mentioned you wanted to start doing so after seeing my menu with snacks...and as I've gone back to work and my kids back to school, I'm only planning dinners now:). I love the zucchini pizza ideas...might need to try that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...